NOTICE OF INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Assistant Business Project Manager Intern
Supercom Industries (GP) Corp. is the general partner for Supercom Industries LP, a partnership of Michipicoten First Nation, Netmizaagamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation), Biigtigong Nishnaabeg (Pic River First Nation), Pays Plat First Nation, Red Rock Indian Band and Fort William First Nation. Supercom was formed by our First Nations to deliver employment, training and business opportunities related to the $700+ million East West Tie transmission development (“the Project”) that will commence construction later in 2019 across our collective traditional territories and reserve lands.
Supercom is currently seeking an Assistant Business Project Manager Intern to work with the Business Development Team. Reporting to the Business Project Manager, the Assistant Business Project Manager Intern will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
• Assist the Business Project Manager and Business Development Team with the successful achievement of goals set out by the company to develop economic opportunities in the East West Tie Transmission Project for Indigenous Businesses both Proximate and Near Proximate
• Work with the Project Management Team to identify opportunities for procurement
• Work with local businesses to develop strategies to respond to opportunities
• Attend regular meetings with various JV Partners on a regular basis to review contract delivery
• Identify additional opportunities in existing business lines/JV Partnerships
• Work to resolve any issue develops between client and JV Partner
• Ensuring that project information is shared between community partners
• Attend regular crew meetings in the field to identify issues with day to day contract implementation of various JV Partners
• Maintain Business Registration listing to ensure that businesses and services are catalogued accurately and thoroughly
• Gather statistics from all businesses on the project regarding spending in various communities through procurement
• Work with Indigenous Businesses to develop best practices for service delivery/contract delivery
• Assist Business Project Manager with scheduling of meetings/appointments, management of travel plans and scheduling of team, and communicate team activities as required
As this is funded by the NOHFC – Northern Ontario Internship Program, applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
• Must be a University or College graduate within the last three years from an accredited college or university. Candidates must be graduates of Post-Secondary degree or diploma programs.
• The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
• Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
• Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Post-secondary education in business, management, public administration and finance
• Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of constantly changing demands and pressures while continuing to advance on the strategic direction of the organization and our communities;
• Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of MS Office programs;
• Good familiarity with project management concepts, scheduling and budget management
• Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
• Exceptional public relations and conflict management skills;
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable, personal vehicle;
• Ability to work effectively with varying personalities;
• Ability to work irregular and extended hours and to travel regularly
This is a full-time, contract position that will be based in the Fort William First Nation Main Office, travel throughout the region that will demand a very high level of commitment. We are seeking a highly motivated and capable individual whose aspirations and accomplishments demonstrate a passion and unfettered commitment to achieving excellence in the economic development of First Nation communities and the development of Indigenous owned and co-owned enterprises.
Further information on our organization can be found at www.supercomindustries.com
Deadline for applications is 12:00 pm on Friday May 29th, 2020.
For further information, and to submit your application, please contact:
Robert Starr, Business Project Manager
Tel: (807) 624-2112
Applications must include a current resume, three references, and a comprehensive cover letter which clearly explains how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Applications should be clearly marked: ASSISTANT BUSINESS PROJECT MANAGER INTERN
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: NOHFC