NOTICE OF INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Communications Officer Intern
Supercom Industries (GP) Corp. is the general partner for Supercom Industries LP, a partnership of Michipicoten First Nation, Netmizaagamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation), Biigtigong Nishnaabeg (Pic River First Nation), Pays Plat First Nation, Red Rock Indian Band and Fort William First Nation. Supercom was formed by our First Nations to deliver employment, training and business opportunities related to the $700+ million East West Tie transmission development (“the Project”) that will commence construction later in 2019 across our collective traditional territories and reserve lands.
Supercom is currently seeking a Communications Officer Intern to work with the Executive Office. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the Communications Officer Intern will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
• Consolidation of information and distribution of project updates to various community partners through multiple channels including but not limited to emails, newsletters, telephone conversations, community display system, SharePoint, social media, and corporate website
• Updating and maintaining corporate social media, community hubs and Supercom Website
• Development, coordination, and implementation of corporate communication plan for Supercom Industries, shareholders, and First Nation Member Communities
• Plan, deliver, and record community update information sessions
• Develop community specific monthly reports presenting relevant accomplishments, statistical data, upcoming opportunities, and plan for the following reporting period
• Under the supervision of Chief Executive officer and the Manager of Finance, prepare and coordinate the communication with external stakeholders – government institutions, funding agencies, etc.
• Set-up a training program for Supercom staff on communication protocols and utilization of best practices for corporate communications
• When required, and under the direction of Business Project Manager, prepare the correspondence with Supercom’s Joint Venture Partners, Project Ownership group and General Contractor
• Develop a shareholder satisfaction survey program to ensure constant re-alignment with shareholder needs and expectations
As this is funded by the NOHFC – Northern Ontario Internship Program, applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
• Must be a University or College graduate within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
• The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
• Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
• Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Post-secondary education in business, management, public administration, and finance
• Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of constantly changing demands and pressures while continuing to advance on the strategic direction of the organization and our communities;
• Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of MS Office programs;
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral;
• Exceptional public relations and conflict management skills;
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable, personal vehicle;
• Ability to work effectively with varying personalities;
• Ability to work irregular and extended hours and to travel regularly
This is a full-time, contract position that will be based in the Fort William First Nation Main Office, travel throughout the region that will demand a very high level of commitment. We are seeking a highly motivated and capable individual whose aspirations and accomplishments demonstrate a passion and unfettered commitment to achieving excellence in the economic development of First Nation communities and the development of Indigenous owned and co-owned enterprises.
Further information on our organization can be found at www.supercomindustries.com
Deadline for applications is 12:00 pm on Friday May 29th, 2020.
For further information, and to submit your application, please contact:
Sarah Levesque, Executive Assistant
Applications must include a current resume, three references, and a comprehensive cover letter which clearly explains how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Applications should be clearly marked: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER INTERN
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY: NOHFC