SODEXO Environmental Service Attendant
The Environmental Services Attendant 1 may work in any location on client premises. This
individual cleans and keeps in an orderly condition facilities or locations in the areas of
commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. The general
responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on
business necessities, client requirements and applicable industry standards.
▪ Cleans offices, patients’/residents’ rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas,
washrooms, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.
▪ Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.
▪ Cleans finishes and fixtures including ceilings and vents, walls, furniture, windows and
▪ Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and
▪ Empties trash and garbage containers.
▪ Replenishes supplies.
▪ May shampoo and cleans carpets or buff and polish floors which will require the use of
▪ May be required to use specialized cleaning equipment / processes.
▪ May change sheets and replenish linens.
▪ May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.
▪ May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
▪ Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
▪ Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating,
and ventilating equipment.
▪ Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
▪ Applies all applicable provincial and related local safety requirements to all assigned
▪ Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
▪ Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
▪ Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
▪ Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
▪ May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
▪ High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
▪ Previous experience preferred.
▪ May require previous GxP (Good x Practices) cleaning experience depending on
facilities requirements (e.g. manufacturing, laboratory practices etc.)
▪ Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient and compliant completion
▪ Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that
honesty and ethics are essential.
▪ Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
▪ Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and
▪ Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives,
supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
▪ Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
▪ Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
▪ Good attention to detail.
▪ Ability to work well under pressure.
▪ Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
▪ Ability to work well alone and in a team.
▪ Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
▪ Knowledge of and proficiency in all provincial and local requirements related to all
▪ Bilingualism (English / French) may be required, depending on location.
Certifications: Healthcare specific – Blood Borne Pathogen Training.
▪ Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial equipment.
▪ Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
▪ Maturity of judgment and behaviour.
▪ Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
▪ Must comply with any dress code requirements.
▪ Maintains a positive attitude.
▪ Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
▪ Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
▪ Complies with all Sodexo time and attendance policies and/or client operating hours.
▪ Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
focus, with or without corrective lenses.
▪ Significant walking or other means of mobility.
▪ Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
▪ Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 15.88 kilograms /
35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 22.68 kilograms / 50 pounds. May used
mechanical aids to lift more than 22.68 kilograms / 50 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
▪ Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
▪ Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as
▪ The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
▪ Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work
environment or governmental regulations.
▪ Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
If you are interested in applying to this position please send your Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of Sam Sobush at email@example.com