SODEXO COOK 2
The Cook 2 will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot
and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and
Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below,
but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
▪ Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader preparation time.
▪ Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to
▪ May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or may operate a grill station.
▪ Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal/provincial and corporate
standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
▪ Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and
prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
▪ Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
▪ Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking,
tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for
consumption in eating establishments.
▪ Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix
ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming
and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
▪ Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and
keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition
supplies and equipment.
▪ May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client
and regulatory rules and procedures.
▪ Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full range of classical cooking
▪ May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and
lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
▪ Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
▪ Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
▪ Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
▪ Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
▪ Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
▪ Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
▪ May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
▪ High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
▪ 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
▪ Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
▪ Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty
and ethics are essential.
▪ Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
▪ Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and
▪ Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives,
supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
▪ Ability to use a computer.
▪ Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
▪ Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
▪ Involved with the more complex requirements of the position.
▪ Applies some advanced cooking skills.
▪ May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the
requirements of the position.
▪ Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
▪ Extensive working knowledge of food preparation.
▪ Bilingualism (English / French) may be required, depending on location.
▪ Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
▪ Maturity of judgment and behaviour.
▪ Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
▪ Must comply with any dress code requirements.
▪ Maintains a positive attitude.
▪ Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
▪ Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
▪ Complies with all Sodexo time and attendance policies and/or client operating hours.
▪ Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
focus, with or without corrective lenses.
▪ Significant walking or other means of mobility.
▪ Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
▪ Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 15.88 kilograms /
35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 22.68 kilograms / 50 pounds. May use mechanical
aids to lift more than 22.68 kilograms / 50 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
▪ Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
▪ Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as
▪ While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to a warm / hot
environment, and may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
▪ The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
If you are interested in this position please send your Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of Sam Sobush at firstname.lastname@example.org