COMMUNITY TRAINING ADVISORS
(3 POSITIONS – EAST REGION, WEST REGION, CENTRAL REGION)
Supercom Industries (GP) Corp. is the general partner for Supercom Industries LP, a partnership of Michipicoten First Nation, Netmizaagamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation), Biigtigong Nishnaabeg (Pic River First Nation), Pays Plat First Nation, Red Rock Indian Band and Fort William First Nation. Supercom was formed by our First Nations to deliver employment, training and create business opportunities related to the $700+ million East West Tie transmission development that will commence construction in late 2019 across our collective traditional territories and reserve lands.
You are sincere in your passion to assist in the development of a skilled Indigenous workforce, through the provision of individual and community-based employment and training initiatives. You have demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service skills and excel at embracing diversity while establishing rapport with clients. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated knowledge of First Nation protocols, language and culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Safety, Employment & Training Manager, the Community Advisors will provide operational support as well as be assigned specific responsibilities related to the organizations’ vision, mission, values and strategic plan that will serve the First Nation Citizens of the six member participating communities and near proximate First Nation communities. The role includes but it not limited to, working with staff, committees, stakeholders and clients for a wide variety of duties to:
• Support the implementation of a suite of training program initiatives;
• Recommend and help integrate marketing strategies to effectively promote the suite of training programs in order to obtain ideal training participants;
• Implement outreach and intake strategies for participants to foster success in the program;
• Participate in strengthening recruitment, screening, assessment, selection and orientation of program participants, training providers and employer community projects;
• Prepare draft reports and regular statistics, background documentation and research;
• Maintain daily online appointment calendar;
• Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations as required for students;
• Complete travel expense reports as required;
• Collect and maintain database information for training organization lead;
• Monitor program participants throughout the duration of program, and conduct job development activities including employer posting as directed;
• Work as a liaison between training organization/delivery partners and students to ensure successful completion of programs;
• Assist in planning and delivery of a graduation program for participants;
Education & Experience:
Post-secondary education or a combination of education & training with a minimum 1-year related work experience in labour market program delivery.
Experience in service delivery of labour programs and working with a client data base.
Excellent interpersonal skills;
A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook;
Previous experience working with First Nation clients;
Valid Class G Driver’s License and a willingness to travel.
Application & Deadline
The positions are full-time positions, exact location will be determined but preference will be as follows:
1. East Region – Michipicoten/Netmizaagamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation) area.
2. Central Region – Biigtigong Nishnaabeg (Pic River First Nation)/Pays Plat First Nation area.
3. West Region – Red Rock Indian Band/Fort William First Nation area.
Please indicate on your application which region you prefer.
Indigenous persons, especially those qualified members of our partner First Nations are strongly encouraged to apply.
For the right candidate, we are offering a competitive compensation package including a competitive salary commensurate with your qualifications.
Application should be clearly marked “Competition – Community Training Advisor” and be submitted no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, March 2nd to the attention of:
Executive Assistant, Supercom Industries Corp.
Tel: (807) 624-2110 or (807)633-4405
Applications must include a current resume, cover letter and three references one of which should be from your most recent employer. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
While we wish to thank you for your application, ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.