NOTICE OF CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Local Procurement Coordinator
Supercom Industries (GP) Corp. is the general partner for Supercom Industries LP, a partnership of Michipicoten First Nation, Netmizaagamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation), Biigtigong Nishnaabeg (Pic River First Nation), Pays Plat First Nation, Red Rock Indian Band and Fort William First Nation. Supercom was formed by our First Nations to deliver employment, training and business opportunities related to the $700+ million East West Tie transmission development (“the Project”) that will commence construction later in 2019 across our collective traditional territories and reserve lands.
Supercom is currently seeking a Local Procurement Coordinator to work with the proximate community based/owned businesses. Reporting to the Business Project Manager the Local Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
• Educating interested businesses in procurement process of the Ontario East West Transmission Line Project
• Assist with development of materials to market businesses to all businesses involved with the project
• Promote upcoming and existing procurement opportunities to proximate local businesses
• Provide information gathering and reporting on front line business activities for management decision making
• Identifying and engaging smaller businesses and entrepreneurs from the local proximate communities to raise awareness of business and contracting opportunities, and to support these individuals and companies to pursue, negotiate and contract or supply and service contracts with our major subcontract partners
• Coordinating efforts with all Supercom departments and staff
• Other tasks assigned by the Business Project Manager.
Applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
• Post-secondary education in business, management, public administration and finance or an
equivalent of education and experience;
• At least 5 years of business and management experience;
• Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of constantly changing demands and pressures while
continuing to advance on the strategic direction of the organization and our communities;
• Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of MS Office programs;
• Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
• Effective and proven project and program planning and management capabilities;
• Effective and proven negotiation skills;
• Exceptional public relations and conflict management skills;
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable, personal vehicle;
• Ability to work effectively with varying personalities;
• Ability to work irregular and extended hours and to travel regularly
This is a full-time, contract position that will be based in one of our local proximate First Nation
communities with extensive travel throughout the region that will demand a very high level of
commitment. We are seeking a highly motivated and capable individual whose aspirations and
accomplishments demonstrate a passion and unfettered commitment to achieving excellence in the
economic development of First Nation communities and the development of Indigenous owned and
Indigenous persons, especially qualified members of our partner First Nation communities are strongly
encouraged to apply.
For the right candidate, we are offering a competitive compensation package including a competitive
salary commensurate with your qualifications.
Further information on our organization can be found at www.supercomindustries.com
Deadline for applications is12:00 pm on Monday January 20th, 2020.
For further information, and to submit your application, please contact:
Robert Starr, Business Project Manager
Supercom Industries Corporation
Tel: (807) 624-2112
Applications must include a current resume and a comprehensive cover letter which clearly explains
how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Applications should be clearly marked: Competition/Local Procurement Coordinator
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.